Monday, September 8, 2014



Open Link Monday

Welcome to the Imaginary Garden ...



Springtime
celebration in my garden
the ferns are smiling
rejoicing the change of season.
Fronds are appearing
uncurling in their pre-historic way 
the inhabitants are planning an awakening.
the tree fern folk skip about
the maiden hair people frolic
running randomly among the thickening growth.
The warming of the garden
as life returns
my fairy people invite me
once again into their world
to explore the depths of wonder
their world holds for me
taking me in their tiny hands
I am led through amazing landscapes
minute to our eye
wondrous beyond belief
of beauty unimagined.
And yet
I can embrace
marvel at nature's vista
be humbled
in its presence.
Momentarily the weeds
who grin mischievously
their cheekiness well known
become part of the grandeur I behold.
But as I say,
only for a moment.



Written for: http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/open-link-monday.html

20 comments:

kaykuala said...

the ferns are smiling
rejoicing the change of season.
Fronds are appearing

It is starting all over again. Everyone looking forward to the change of season. All become part of it albeit just for some brief moments! How nice! Wonderful write Michael!

Hank

Kerry O'Connor said...

What an enjoyable lyrical poem. I feel like I have taken a walk in a charming garden.

Michael said...

Thank you so much for your comments.

Grace said...

I want to walk in your spring garden Michael ~ I love the awakening of all things new & green ~

Michael said...

Come on down Grace, the weather is great at the moment.

Myrna R. said...

It's wonderful to be in fairyland, if only for a moment. Your poem describes beauty and playfulness in most inviting way. Enjoy.

Margaret said...

love "cheeky weeds"… I adore the idea of fairies and such. When my girls were younger, every spring they made a fairy garden. I miss that.

Truedessa said...

Ah, such a beautiful garden I wouldn't mind a stroll through there or to just sit and meditate on the surroundings.

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

I too love the cheeky weeds! Lovely piece Michael!

Justin Lamb said...

This may be an imaginary garden but you sure brought it to life! The flow is fun and I really enjoyed this. Well done.

Other Mary said...

Ha - those cheeky weeds! I like this very much. Sorry I've come so late to the party.

Sreeja said...

oh such a beautiful scene.....would love to walk through......enjoyed the poem...

Amrit Sinha said...

This is such a beautiful imagery of spring ... loved it :-)

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love this! so whimsical! I especially love the mischievous weeds, LOL.

Gail said...

The magic of spring helps me see fairies and unicorns. Beautiful write.

Anusha Das said...

Its like a dream....This poem made me feel happy.

Gillena Cox said...

"Momentarily the weeds
who grin mischievously
their cheekiness well known"
My favourite lines of your beautiful fantasy

Thanks for dropping by my blog

Much love...

Rommy said...

Oh! I really adore this! You've captured the magic of a perfect spring day along with the bittersweet feeling that comes with not being able to drink it in for as long as you'd like.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oh-ho! That's a secret love I share. :)

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

(Oh, I see this was for an earlier prompt ... but even so.)