Sunday, August 17, 2014

Awakening an old blog

I see I haven't been here since 2008.
Such a long time
I had forgotten this still existed.
I see some dverse friends have come by as well.

I am in a wilderness right now
my life turned up side down
its what happens when you end things
when what you thought was good is taken away.

So now I feel lost,
bewildered
like the best thing for me is to crawl into my space
lick my wounds and generally feel sorry for myself.

this I can do as I don't have any great compunction
to reach out
to write much
even though I have but not posted.

Its a strange world to find myself
somewhat familiar,
the unworthy demon rejoices
the sense of self diminished.

I have been tired and sleepy
I was away two days last week
supporting artistic son, waving the flag as they say.
glad I did get away if only for those days.

but the pain I know will decrease
just hang in there and I'll be ok
not much else really
grin and bear it, accept it as fate.

Its irritating when nature steps in
tales away what was once so precious
a rare love that sails away
and you can't help but feel responsible.

For it does take two,
no matter how hard done by you might feel
but in fact it was no ones fault
but natures cruel harsh reality.

Tomorrow the sun will rise
the day will promise change and growth
whether or not it materialises is another thing.
But you have to hold on to hope.

4 comments:

Myrna R. said...

Definitely Michael, hang in there. Things will seem different soon. Promise. No matter how bad they seem now. Glad you're writing. That's a start. Something different.
Glad you had a a good time with your son. And thank you for visiting my blog. Your poem is so much from your heart. I appreciate that.

kaykuala said...

whether or not it materialises is another thing.
But you have to hold on to hope.

That is right! The idea is to stick around and sustain the resolve. It'll work wonders. Great write Michael! Welcome to the club!

Hank

Truedessa said...

Hang on to hope as hope give us courage and strength..without hope you have lost the battle..keep the battle going.

Grace said...

I see you are activating this blog Michael ~ I don't know what is really happening your world but I hope that you will hold on hope...