Sunday, August 24, 2014

Magpie Tales Sunday, August 24, 2014 – Face

                                                           Starry Night by Alex Ruiz

Illuminesence
Constellations
Silhouettes
Where to begin he thought.

Took hours to get here
The sky is brilliant
Dare I capture it all?
Can I do that?
Right now I am overcome
Magnificence and grief
Such strange bed fellows.
I wonder what goes on out there
In their day to day?
My candle is burning down
Paint at the ready
I’ll engross myself in this
See where it takes me.
That crescent moon
Reminds me of a love I lost
A spark was all there was
No time for nurturing.
Consumption.
Sorrow.
All a matter of what if.
Her face is what I see
Even now staring into these heavens
It’s her image
Glittering among the stars
I see it now
As I take up my brush.



Written for: http://magpietales.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/mag-234.html

9 comments:

Truedessa said...

The crescent moon reminds me of a love I lost..the moon has a way of doing that sometimes. Paint away as she lights up your heaven.

steveroni said...

I, too, see her face, her smile, her beautiful skin, and oh! the aroma of her!

But I just cannot recall her name.

Sumana Roy said...

I like the chain of thoughts guiding, leading to the speaker's inner world...a wonderful interpretation of the painting...

Kay said...

lovely...melancholy...beautiful...xx

21 Wits said...

Oh yes, and once that brush begins, it will all become one starry beginning .... deeply inspiring read.

Carrie Van Horn said...

Sigh....Michael this is lovely....you have captured the thoughts of an artist and painted them with your words. :-)

Wayne said...

Nicely done

Anonymous said...

YES!

Nice Mag! Love and Light, S

Amrit Sinha said...

This paints such a pretty picture ... loved it :-)